Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Do not eat or drink anything including water for eight hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home after recovery.
- Wear loose fitting clothing with either short sleeves or sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the procedure.
- If you take any oral medications, please check with William Perry DDS, PC prior to your surgical date for instructions.